Sunday, March 23, 2008

First or Second?

So I've been thinking lately about my current social condition... single, and without a date in the near future... and I have come to the conclusion that my problem doesn't so much lie in the first date. Honestly, I have very little issue with the idea of asking a girl out under seemingly difficult circumstances. The challenge, as I have come to wrap my mind around it, seems to be that I don't know how to actually begin a relationship. Second dates do not come that easily for me... not because I don't think girls will accept another offer, but more because I don't know second date protocol. Is it different? Because you're on a second date, does that even mean much more than a first date? Like for instance... if I ask this girl out again who I enjoyed dating when we most recently went out, would it be wrong to go to dinner again? Do I need to change it up? Oh, man... the more and more I type the less and less I actually want to post this.

"You're really over thinking things, Kyle."
"Don't worry about it, just go for it."
"Listen, if it's going to work out, it's going to work out."

Thanks.

No comments: