Thursday, April 24, 2008

Strange Time Of Life...

This is such an awkward period in my life.

I'm kind of in a transitional stage, but it is just lasting a really long time. And by long I still mean less than a year. I have the freedom to do with my time, really, whatever I feel so inclined. What a blessing! Not many really ever have the liberties that I have now... and that I have had for a while.

Notwithstanding all that... it's amazing that I can feel as challenged as the rest of the world and their individual obligations. Will this ever change? Probably not. The matter of making the most out of the time that you have is quite the daunting task.

Let's plan for the future, but not live there. Let's consider the joys of future endeavors, achievements, decisions and yet be cognizant of what forks we face today. Yes... that sounds right. Is it right? Certainly, but we must be wary of how eerily close to the worlds mantra that ideology is..."Eat. Drink and be merry for tomorrow we die." I focus on my future and I will get the chat to not waste my todays. I focus on today and I get the chat to plan ahead and of not being unprepared and irresponsible.

Right now I more live in tomorrow, I'd say, eagerly awaiting the discovery of the girl I live to find. The world cries, "You don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. Heck, you don't even need to have sound morals in any social scenario... we believe in true love but don't you expect to find it, cause no one does; the few now who seem to just got lucky and it's only a matter of time before they too will come to their senses. Just be mature enough to accept that crap happens and it's okay to fail because everyone else does. Think about yourself, be happy, independent of others and then you can consider being selfless. Never mind Christ and his radical ideas of losing yourself to find yourself... that's unreasonable.

well... yes... a post that goes just about everywhere and nowhere all at once. Welcome to today... Where my thoughts are naive and my aspirations cute and endearing. When the real world hits... then I'll come to a sense of reality. Well you just wait... you don't believe me now, but when I have led a life of happiness devoid of the problems that so many thought unavoidable or common to all, then I will be a pioneer. That precocious little Mormon boy who was lucky his whole life through. I hope it won't hurt your feelings while I laugh at you today and the rest of your life, achieving what you haven't and being happier than you ever will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm this is for Kings Blogg, NOT to be mistaken with King, 2 completely seperate entities. Just wanted the blog to know that some one, some where, loves your reflective thoughts and insights and will check often for updates :)